AHN Room Holding Policy - USA
Note: This policy is subject to change at any time. Please check all AHN Policies on a regular basis for updates.
AHN offers Guests the option to hold their room while they go on holiday. This means a Guest may keep their belongings in their designated room and pay 50% of the normal Homestay Fee. Room Holding guarantees no other Guests will stay in the room while the Guest is away. The Host must agree to accept room holding rates while the Guest is away.
The following rules apply to the Room Holding Policy:
- The Guest must be away for a minimum of 10 consecutive days.
- The Guest must notify AHN and their Host of their holiday plans at least two weeks prior to departure. Room Holding Fees will not be offered after the date of departure if notice has not been given.
- The Guest must pay any applicable Room Holding Fees plus two weeks of normal weekly Homestay Fees before the date of departure.
- The Guest can leave their belongings in the room and it will not be used by the Host for other purposes.
- The room will be held for the period agreed to prior to the Guest’s departure.
- The Guest must notify AHN and the Host if there are any changes to their scheduled return date. AHN requires seven days’ notice of such changes and any additional fees will be charged to the Guest accordingly.
- As per the AHN Refund Policy, the Guest must provide AHN and their Host with a minimum of two weeks’ written notice if they intend to move out of homestay.
- If the Guest has not arrived back at the homestay by the scheduled return date and no contact has been made with the Host or AHN, AHN will attempt to contact the Guest using the contact details listed on their Profile. If AHN is unable to reach the Guest and their payment has lapsed (i.e. they have no paid nights left for their homestay placement), AHN reserves the right to organize for the Host to pack up the Guest’s belongings and remove them from the home.
- If the Guest does not pay the Room Holding Fee, all belongings must be removed from the Host’s home. If the Guest requires homestay on their return, they will be required to pay a new Matching Fee and 4 weeks of Homestay Fees to AHN.
- AHN cannot guarantee the same Host will be available on the Guest’s return if Room Holding Fees are not paid.
Date Reviewed: April 2020